View Single Post
Old 10-14-17, 07:56 AM   #11
oil pan 4
Land owner

I think heap pump dryers are a perfect example of a commercialized rube Goldberg machine.
For one there are few to no used heat pump dryers to be had around here. At least I have never seen one.
Then for all that added cost and complexity they still use at least half the power of a normal electric dryer.
A gas dryer hooked up to natural gas is cheaper to operate.

My electric dryer and the parts to fix it came from the scrap yard, my gas dryer was bought from the local used appliance place for $200.
I'm not going to go spend $1,000 on a heat pump dryer that isn't going to save any money.

From late 2005 to 2011 I didn't even own a dryer. My wife insists on having one for her uniforms since she works at a hospital.
I have a clothes line that will be used a lot. It is so hot and dry here that most things dry faster on the clothes line.
If I hang a load of cloths out and in that load of clothes is a bed sheet, If I hang that bed sheet up first, it will be dry before I can hang up the rest of the load. So it takes around 5 minutes to dry a sheet. So I will hang up everything then go back and take the bed sheet off the line and back inside.

Last edited by oil pan 4; 10-14-17 at 08:29 AM..
oil pan 4 is offline   Reply With Quote