View Single Post
Old 02-15-15, 11:24 AM   #22
ecomodded
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikesolar View Post
Interesting. I assume the copper tube will not be in direct contact with the cement. I couldn't tell exactly from your post if it was. I don't know how many feet of tubing there will be but you may not get the 3GPH (H not M?) from a pump that is designed for a lower head loss. Something to check.

Ii thought more on your concern with pump strength and decided to use less line to lighting the work load, instead of 70ft of poly I am going to use 20 ft. of 1/4" primmer covered copper tubing.

The chiller will be raised up to the tanks water level to use the siphoning effect instead of pushing all the water , the pump will use its vacuum to raise the water 10 inches to start the siphon off.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````````````````

Turns out the refrigerant coil was soldered together in a few places , which is why I could not unravel it.

I cut the stainless chiller bucket apart and was then able to pull the coil free and remove the bucket.

I am going to add a $14 eBay panel mount kWh / watt meter so I can keep tabs on its economy.

That's about it , I will start a separate thread with photos of its construction and test data.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ecomodded is offline   Reply With Quote