View Single Post
Old 05-04-18, 06:31 AM   #546
LF-X
Lurking Renovator

Update:

Ventilation unit now moved to one of the attics (there are 2 seperated ones) and first 100mm vent is ducted to the unit, Pumping fresh air to the sleeping room.

Suction duct is currently ending in another attic and pulling warm air out of there in case sun warms the roof (usually it is 3 to 5° Warmer there compared to outside temp).

So currently the unit if more like a regenerative energy harvester and not runnig in heat regeneration mode :-) This will change this weekend when the first suction vent will be installed (ran out of flex-pipes).

Fan currently set to 30% duty cycle. This results in 9.2W Power consuption.
Below 18% they do not start to turn. Will programm the controller to set anything below 10% to 0 and 10 to 20% to 20%.

Also have the feeling that at 20% duty cycle the air flow and pressure is so low, that convetion is stronger than the fan causing there to be pretty much no flow in the ducting. Will messure flow on 0% and 20% to see if there is a difference messurable. At least readings from the temp/humidity sensors look "strange".

Some trouble with the DHT22 sensors and the ESP8266. In case where the fans are set to duty cylces other than 0% or 100% I sometimes get no results from the sensors. Might be problem with cable lenth and noise added by the motors. Might also be the library I used. Seems to be a bit buggy and the Internet proposed some bug fixes to be applied. Will give that a try and see if I get better results from the sensors. Another EPS8266 is already flashed with bugfixed version of the library I use.
LF-X is offline   Reply With Quote