View Single Post
Old 12-29-10, 12:43 PM   #29
Chaaru
Lurking Renovator

Although I haven't done a detailed power consumption analysis, based on last years electric/gas usage, we are certainly below this year.

I have had this for a complete summer and a good 2 month winter usage. The performance has been rock solid. I have had it cranking out decent amount of heat to keep our 550 sq ft (living room + Kitchen) at 70F, when the outside temperatures were close to 42F. Fortunately, where we live the temps are pretty moderate with year lows around 40's and high's upto 104.

We have had almost daily usage for the past 2 months for heat and a good months usage during this past summer. All in all I am very impressed with how it has performed. Although challenging, the install went flawless - thanks to all the helpful folks on this site. I even rigged up a condensate pump for one of our indoor units.

The LG art cool models look really nice and could be very good options if you find the white units intrusive.

I plan to do some detailed power consumption analysis when I get some time in the near future. Based on my experience I would recommend LG as a good choice which is very competitively priced.
Chaaru is offline   Reply With Quote