View Single Post
Old 02-21-14, 05:22 PM   #206
Robaroni
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
Awesome, $330 is a pretty substantial savings. I do look forward to seeing how future months come out.
To me it's more than the savings. Gary's cost for electric with the mini-split heating is remarkable.
I just checked my oil, I have about 175 gallons left but the cost to heat this year was very high. Next year I'm going to try and make most of my heat with wind, micro-hydro and PV, hopefully this will ease my oil expenditure. I heard this was the coldest winter here since 1951 if next year is warmer I should be able to do it. Aside from that I made money on the electric this year but paid for gas for the car.

My energy expenses are for gas for the car and oil for the house. The thing about an electric car is that, as much as I want one, I can't justify the cost. We're retired so we only put about 4 to 5k miles on the car a year, if that.

On the up side I have no water or sewer bill. My septic even gets pumped out for free by the NYC watershed as they own all the water here, if it's possible to own water!

Rob
Robaroni is offline   Reply With Quote