View Single Post
Old 07-04-15, 03:10 PM   #33
MEMPHIS91
Journeyman EcoRenovator

So here is some more progress, I decided it best to finish the build so I could get the air flow set before making final tune to the charge.
Here is the "inner" box. I simply built it out of foam board and aluminum tape.

The is the outer box made of 3/4 plywood. I'm going to paint the inside white and stain the outside to match the cabinets in the kitchen. This is the front there is a small slot in the very front for air and bunches of holes in the floor of it. (No top or door has been made yet).

This is the back, the hole is for a viewing window to see the evap coils are getting cold as they should. It will have a piece of plexiglass over it when I'm done.

Jeff, I think I'm starting to getting off track, my plan is to not vent any of the warm air back into the house. I want more than a unit to make hot air for less power I want to create I drying "box" that has no effect on the outside environment. Basically the air getting dryer and dryer every time it is cycled through. These are some pictures from the articles I posted.

As you can see its a closed loop. It may take longer to dry but that is ok I will not heat up my house as much, plus I can put it on a timer to shut off in a few hours and the food will stay dry because the box will be very well sealed. That is the idea anyway, sorry if I mislead you. Or maybe my idea isn't going to work at all. ??? We will know soon. =D
Attached Images

MEMPHIS91 is offline   Reply With Quote