View Single Post
Old 01-21-18, 11:47 AM   #7
randen
Uber EcoRenovator

We’re in Canada and our heating requirements are sizeable. In 2006 we had installed solar hot water and geothermal with a horizontal loop field. The home is a newer construction that has a 1.9 ach. The home is about 4000sq ft We have two 3ton pumps ,one for the infloor heat and the other is for a additional blast of warm air but primarillly for air conditioning in the summer. The home has no other source of heat. The home takes the solar hot water heat first and heats the concrete floor but if there is no sun the water to water heat pump steps in.

A properly sized gel thermal system will serve you well

The other system I have is for my shop (1600 sq ft) I It’s a DIY system inspired by AC_Hacker. The home brew heat pump was a trying build but it has been functioning flawlessly for 5 yrs You can follow the build in my thread

The next facet to this is a solar PV system with lithium to power the home complete with heat pumps. I’ll be posting as progress is made

In closing a geo thermal system will do the job with a single fuel that can be renewable

Randen
randen is offline   Reply With Quote