View Single Post
Old 12-03-14, 10:19 AM   #46
buffalobillpatrick
Master EcoRenovator

Graphene boosts thermal conductivity of popular plastic - physicsworld.com

"Our results reveal that the thermal conductivity of PET increases by up to 600 times when it is coated with the graphene laminate films." This gives the laminates a similar thermal conductivity to metals such as iron and lead, approaching that of silicon."

Possible use in future.

I also have a Triangle Tube Prestige Solo 60, on LP at 8,500' altitude & 3 zones.
Up here it don't condense very much & only puts out about 25-30mbh.

About 1/3 less O2 vs sea level.

I really like the self-cleaning SS Fire-tube type HX.

At outside "design temp -20*F" it only runs about 1/3 of time for my 2400ft2 house.

It had some issues firing off (E02 errors) when it modulates all the way down (bouncing off the bottom) & also made a loud foghorn noise at fire off.

I bought a UEI C50 combustion analyzer & have adjusted the mixture screw quite a bit & replaced the LP regulator, no help. TT tech support was no help. Heatinghelp.com was no help.

I even designed & installed a circuit that operated a solonoid that pushed the reset button upon E02 error. Ckt. had a thermal switch on boiler output pipe & a 5 minute Time Delay Relay.

After messing with it for a year, I finally fixed both issues after noticing that it didn't have either issue on heating the DHW on full fire.

I made the Lochnivar 80g Solar DHW tank (4 ports) the boilers only load. DHW tank now also operates also as a buffer tank. The boiler now fires only on high.

A flat plate external heat exchanger between the DHW/Buffer Tank and the boiler/floor system exchanges heat in both directions, into and out of the DHW/Buffer Tank.

Works great now but don't modulate down the fire, So-what, it never did modulate low enough for 1 zone & 32*F outside anyway.

Last edited by buffalobillpatrick; 12-03-14 at 11:01 AM..
buffalobillpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote