View Single Post
Old 10-20-14, 02:28 PM   #41
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Not all Pellon is heat fusible. Maybe it is not actually Pellon but looks like it, I use it in my art ceramics work all the time because it has a very smooth surface a stiffness that resists wrinkling and breathes(so it is not a tight woven fabric, more a kind finery felt). No it does not provide any real "loft" just overall "thinness" of bridal vail if that is what is being sought.
OK, the mylar is doing a great job of reflecting heat, it also does a good job of not conducting heat because it is extremely thin.

So, the ideal separation material would be thin, but still provide a space between the layers of mylar, and it would have zero potential for conduction.

I am thinking along the lines of a 'thinsulate-ish' material because it is composed of microfibers, and conduction would be directly proportional to the area of the material, and the area of a single strand of microfiber is extremely small, so many strands of microfiber would conduct less heat than a similar material made up of larger diameter elements.

-AC