View Single Post
Old 10-03-15, 08:00 AM   #463
Robaroni
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinballlooking View Post
Rob

It is strange they are doing a limited release on the 2016

"Chevrolet has a shortened model year for the 2016 Chevy Volt," said GM in a statement. "As a result, we have limited distribution to our strongest EREV markets, of which California and other select states play a significant role (accounting for more than 45 percent of our overall sales volume). Dealers nationwide will be able to begin ordering 2017 Chevrolet Volts in December, just a few months after states with the largest initial demand.

2016 Chevrolet Volt Rolls Out in Limited Markets; 2017 Volt Debuts This Spring | Edmunds.com

They say they are going to add a couple surprises I hope it is 6.6 Kw charging this would be such a good add.
You could charge in just a little over 2 hours. I would love this feature.
Interesting, thanks for the link. I think that advancing technology plays such a significant role in cars and EV types, especially in battery geometries, that we will only benefit from the delay. My guess is that they see a window to an overall better car and they really want it to succeed. Me too! I think GM is really getting this car right and if they do it could really change the way we look at cars. I know the fully electric Leaf with it's 84 mileage range is suffering. I drove the Leaf and it was a big disappointment. When you can drive a hybrid that goes 53 miles on electric and then gives you 42 mpg for the rest of your ride that's hard to beat today.
There are a lot of people (the petro industry for one) that want to see this car fall on its face. I think they are afraid of it but like I've always said it's technology that will dictate the future and the nay sayers' days are numbered.

Rob
Robaroni is offline   Reply With Quote