View Single Post
Old 12-24-12, 11:13 AM   #32
rhizomatic
Helper EcoRenovator

Default UPDATE: wall insulation & "storm" windows with pics

I finally found an insulation contractor with the right equipment, methods, and experience, using what I learned through ecorenovator, Angie's List, and informed direct questions. I now have dense packed R-15 dry cellulose in my very narrow 1948 beach cottage walls and the place is significantly warmer. Thanks!

I did more air sealing around my ducting and the perimeter of the foundation too.

Finally, here are pics of the storm windows I promised Daox (sorry it has been so long, I didn't have the proper USB cable for my phone). These pics don't really show you but unfortunately my limited experience showed itself again, as both windows are too small for the application. I mis-measured for the mitered corners but using cut foam insulation to fill the gaps, I was able to fit them snugly enough to stop the air infiltration through the old jalousie windows. Eventually I will replace the jalousie windows and repurpose these storm-windows, probably as picture frames. Live and learn. For now they make the living room more comfortable and look just okay.
Attached Images

rhizomatic is offline   Reply With Quote