Thread: Got a TED 5000
View Single Post
Old 12-06-10, 06:47 AM   #1
Daox
Administrator

Default Got a TED 5000

After the work on calculating my base load I decided the only real way to know exactly what is going on is to get a whole house monitor. So, I recently got a TED 5000-G. This is the most basic TED 5000 unit and it has been wonderful so far. With it, I have been able to find out that I've REALLY been short cycling my furnace, and have been able to identify many other loads that I never would have been able to before. However, I am still learning about it and how to use it.

Anyway, I thought I'd post up real quick on the installation. Its very simple and only took a few minutes. Reading the instructions probably took longer than the actual install.

Here is what comes in the kit.

The first step is to pop open your electrical box (if you don't know what you're doing here, get a pro). The two wires on the wire harness connect to a empty 240V breaker. I didn't have one, so I think I'm piggybacking using my oven circuit. This is not recommended.

Next, you put the current sensors on the lines coming in from outside.

And, then you hook them both up to the control box.

Now, you plug the receiver box into an outlet, and run a network cable to your router (or computer if you don't have a router).

Last, you install the software and bring up the TED monitoring system on your browser. This gives you this interface. Which shows you all of your data in real time as well as logging data.

Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:
NeilBlanchard (07-17-12)