View Single Post
Old 09-18-11, 12:41 AM   #943
Geo NR Gee
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Hacker View Post
Geo,

Regarding that one pipe you said was kinked, I don't know if it is so badly kinked that it lost air pressure

It lost the air pressure with a LOUD hissing sound that the neighbors could hear from inside their house. So a coupler will have to do.

Quote:
Hope you don't mind, but I wanted to share some pix of your drilling rig. If you have any details to add, please do...
About the details......looks like you covered most of it...... The battery should be mounted somewhere else other than on the ground. When researching the drill bits, Allen at Portadrillmini.com, mentioned that I will need to beef up the Hydra-Drill and add weight. He mentioned about 200lbs. would be a good starting point. So maybe I will combine the battery and the weights on top of the motor for the extra weight needed for the tricone bit.

The other things that I would like to add are some kind of a portable mud pits. I am thinking of a 55 gallon drum cut in half and placed on its side. Something must be better than digging hole pits in the yard for 6 boreholes every 15 or 20 feet apart?
Quote:

It also has a water swivel to allow water (or drilling mud) to be pumped down the drilling pipe. As far as I could tell, the water swivel is made with a rubber case (it's not under a great deal of stress) and contains sealed ball bearings, I am sure.
This rubber water swivel is well made, but there is no sealed ball bearing. It actually had a break in period when new, and needs to be greased before use
and every 4 hours of use. I do have plans to build a new water swivel and will document and post that soon.

Quote:

Well, may I suggest a drill bit that is called a 'Tri-Cone' bit?
Sounds like a good idea to me!

Geo

Last edited by Geo NR Gee; 09-18-11 at 01:12 AM..
Geo NR Gee is offline   Reply With Quote