View Single Post
Old 10-22-08, 05:45 AM   #4
insaneintenti0n
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Well, i started yesterday. It is taking longer than i expected, of course, but i'm happy w/ the progress. and nothing looked like it fell down during the night. I used liquid nail EVERYWHERE, but where there was wood, i used a staple gun to at least hold everything in place, then liquid nailed it shut. I need to pick up a few more tubes of LN, and some spray foam that i'm going to double check everything being sealed.

How do I seal off the bricks but still leave it vented? that i'm not sure on.... but yes, there is a LOT of open area in the bricks that allow to much wind to pass through.

I wanna say I used two layers of R19 insulation... BUT, i think most of it is compressed, which of course hurts it's R value.

I would TOTALLY throw a baseboard heater there if possible. Hell, i wish my whole house was electric baseboard, lol. that's what my parents house was, and i was never cold... except, that i never saw their bills, lol.

i'm planning on sticking one of THESE on the wall on the over hang, and since it's a concentrated heat, it'll point straight down and warm up the floor, i can throw it on a timer to come on w/ my main heating system in the morning. Though, my wife keeps telling me NO... but i'm gonna do it anyway.
insaneintenti0n is offline   Reply With Quote