View Single Post
Old 01-28-09, 10:08 AM   #16
MetroMPG
Infrequent noob

Success!

I just found my hot water tank, and it was set at 140F. I turned it down to 115.

It's in the basement of the downstairs apartment, which is still vacant. I have keys (don't ask), so was able to go down and ...

(1) identify which of the four (non numbered) tanks was mine
(2) learn that it's hard wired in to 240v, so I can't easily use a timer, and
(3) find the thermostat adjustment behind an access panel on the side of the tank.

The other good news is the tank looks recently replaced and is at least insulated. The old (numbered for each apartment) tanks are still down there.

The bad news is the pipes aren't insulated though. Unless you count the mass of cobwebs and spiders trapping/generating a little heat.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote