View Single Post
Old 11-07-13, 08:06 AM   #7
Ryland
Master EcoRenovator

I grew up with a battery bank in the house, my parents still have battery back up, I would never go the route of whole house battery back up unless you regularly have multi day power outages, not just one every 10 years.
The route that I would go is the UPS (uninterrupted power supply) it's a box of batteries, charger and inverter that you plug in to the wall outlet and you plug your device in to this box, when the power goes out the batteries take over, you can wire in as many batteries as you want to make it last as long as you want but the thing is, you are not sizing it to power your whole house, you are using it to power your fridge and maybe you plug an LED light in to it too or your internet router if that is something that you can not live without.

Whole house battery back up systems are the most expensive and the highest maintenance systems you can install and most people, after 10-15 years have let their batteries die, realize that they never used them and wasted a lot of money on them.
Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryland For This Useful Post:
Daox (11-07-13)