View Single Post
Old 04-18-12, 10:21 AM   #14
menaus2
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Location: Driftless Region, North America, Earth, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy,Virgo Supercluster

Just an update on the system. I resolved the thermostat issue by simply raising the set temp a degree or two higher. Other than that I've been very pleased with the system's performance. The heating season here in Wisconsin is basically over, so I've unplugged it for the summer. Also, I was able to fully depreciate it on my taxes as it was an energy property.

Quick question though for everybody, would you be concerned about high stagnation temps? Would the polycarbonate glazing have enough heat loss to keep it from self destructing? I have foam wiggle strips I can take out at the top for ventilation, but I would rather not have to get up on a ladder twice a year if I can avoid it.

I'm also looking at getting a new temp. controller from myDTC. I'm unsure if I'd be able to use 3 sensors: one each for panel, indoors and outdoors. So, say It'll turn on when the panel is over 100 f, it's under around say 70f inside and outside. I also cant find any material if the relays can control the 120v ac blower.
menaus2 is offline   Reply With Quote