View Single Post
Old 01-28-17, 08:00 AM   #3
Acuario
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Hi Steve,

a fairly simple control for starters. Basically I have heat sources (Solar panels, 2 x heat pumps, oil boiler).

The solar works when there is sun, next the heat pump(s) and as a last resort the boiler. I aim to maintain the water temperature fed to the floor typically at between 31 and 34 degrees which is good for 'normal' days. The problem is when we get very cold and/or windy days, then I have to increase the floor temperature up to around 38 degrees.

The sources (with the exception of the solar) are set to operate at minimum temperatures to maintain the desired temperature, they switch on/off depending on the water temperature flowing to the under floor heating.

Now I have introduced a dew point monitor I also have room temperature to add into the equation. This will enable me to control a bit better the heat sources when the room temperature drops.

The problem that remains is the latency of 1-2 hours for the floor to catch up, this is where the predictive bit comes in.

I don't have any zone valves so my plan is simply to increase or decrease the maximum desired water temperature generated from the heat sources.

Acuario
Acuario is offline   Reply With Quote