View Single Post
Old 08-18-10, 07:42 PM   #5
basjoos
Helper EcoRenovator

I apply seaweed emulsion by spraying it on the leaves in the evening when no rain is expected that night, but a dew is expected to form. The idea is to get the emulsion on the leaves where it can be absorbed by the leaves all through the night and into the morning until the dew dries off the leaves. Once the micronutrients are incorporated in the plant, they are released into the soil by the deposition of plant parts as they are shed. Normally I will apply seaweed 2X a year on trees and perennials, being sure one of the applications is to the newly emergent light green spring leaves that haven't developed a waxy coating yet and so are very efficient at absorbing foliar contact nutrients. Annual crop plants I'll spray 2X to 4X depending on the length of their lifespan and their rate of growth (increase in plant volume).

I have noticed the toads in the garden are larger than the toads on untreated parts of the property and the population of grasshoppers feeding on the tall grass near the garden is much larger than those on other parts of my pastures and include a larger proportion of a very large yellow grasshopper species that is much less common elsewhere in the pastures. But with the lush growth of the grasses next to the garden, the effects of their feeding isn't noticable and they provide a good source of bait for catching bass and bluegill in my lake.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by basjoos; 08-18-10 at 07:50 PM..
basjoos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to basjoos For This Useful Post:
Higgy (08-19-10), Piwoslaw (08-19-10)