View Single Post
Old 08-16-11, 11:40 AM   #2
MetroMPG
Infrequent noob

For the adapter between the motor/ blade, I'd be looking at somehow re-using the connection that comes with your dead mower. So you don't have to reinvent the wheel.

As for batteries - there are all kinds of free, small batteries out there: alarm companies, mobility scooter sales/service places, motorcycle shops, etc.

Just depends how much time you want to spend searching/waiting for a functional, re-usable one vs. just buying a new one. I like the thrill of the hunt, plus it's more satisfying to make functional stuff with as little money and as much re-use as possible.

But I still think you should totally go the ghetto route and find a beefy cooling fan motor from a junked truck, or even better: a starter motor! You'll be famous when you post the YouTube video of your hacked starter motor mower with a litle 12v car battery on top and jumper cable wiring.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote