View Single Post
Old 01-14-17, 02:53 PM   #13
Fathompin
Lurking Renovator

This answered my questions, Thank you very much.

I just wanted to say, things were not as bad as I made it seem, mostly because I can’t write worth beans. Based on the comments given, I set up the Y1 & Y2 from the thermostat so that it operates two loads/stage for the heat pump, no problem. Thus, I am not concerned with well pump usage, and will just let the thermostat control what loads it wants to run. My comments about the well pump running constantly were confusing (best to just drop the reasons why I made it confusing and save getting even more confusing…you described that usually the thermostat should control the turn on of the water valve when it calls for heat, that answered my question). The water pump is controlled, as it should be, using the well pressure tank controller (60-40 psi), the heat pump controls two water valves, one for each load; I did find that the two valves are not very good at controlling flow, I thought setting those would be a cinch, but I found it almost impossible to set the flow for one valve at 7 gpm and then when two valves are open the flow tops out at 12 gpm. I believe the problem is that the well is NOT able to provide 12 gpm and that will take more investigation on my part, because that seems out of line.
Fathompin is offline   Reply With Quote