View Single Post
Old 12-06-16, 08:34 PM   #105
where2
DIY Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostre View Post
I need to finish labeling and call for a final inspection. Its hard to get labels to stick in the cold snap we are having. Supposed to be 8F for a low tonight. (-13C)

This project has sure stirred up alot of interest among my friends about solar...
Would a heat gun do the trick to get the panel warm enough to hold the decals?

Stirring up interest will happen from time to time, even years from now. Some friends of my wife's are presently interested. I spent an hour plus discussing our PV system with them and reviewing my permitting documents to help explain what is involved. My former co-worker who helped me carry my array from the backyard to the second floor roof (up two ladders) has shown interest, but his interest does not equate to "willing to part with his money". He seems to be content parting with $150-$300/mo for his electric bill. I loaned him my spare TED 1000 to do some energy sleuthing around his house to lower his bill. It was in his panel for over a year, with no noticeable results. His electric bill is still just as it was, and he continues to say "some day when I decide to install solar...".

Another co-worker of mine listened to the price tag on my system, and installed a solar hot water heater. It's a step in the right direction.
where2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to where2 For This Useful Post:
Roostre (12-06-16)