Thread: My new project
View Single Post
Old 04-13-13, 04:54 PM   #84
S-F
You Ain't Me

No. Nothing really exciting happening on the energy efficiency front here. I have been still doing some work in the attic. I'm installing whole house audio and three rooms upstairs are getting ceiling speakers. Obviously these are giant holes for energy and moisture to move through so I've made drywall boxes to cover them and air sealed the bejesus out of them. I'll take a picture of one soon. I had an unfortunate incident with the U.S. Dept. of Ed. mistakenly hijacking $8,000 from me so just about everything is on hold until they get of their keisters and reimburse me, which they said could be 60 days. As soon as that happens I'll be finishing the attic. I'm going to have the 2 part guys where I work seal the eve top plates and propa vents and then I'm going to blow about 18" more cellulose on top of my existing 7".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Chipping away on a daily basis.

Quote:
You know you're an ecorenovator if anything worth insulating is worth superinsulating.
Quote:
S-F: "What happens when you slam the door on a really tight house? Do the basement windows blow out?"

Green Building Guru: "You can't slam the door on a really tight house. You have to work to pull it shut."
S-F is offline   Reply With Quote