View Single Post
Old 09-20-11, 10:50 AM   #8
menaus2
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Location: Driftless Region, North America, Earth, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy,Virgo Supercluster

Wow some really great ideas here! After doing some thinking, I don't think that seasonal air heat storage makes as much sense as I first thought it would. Water is by far the superior transfer fluid and will work best at cooling the panels in the summer. Due to the huge storage requirements for space heating, it makes the most sense imo just to use the heat when it's produced. In the long run, it's gonna save me a lot of headaches and frustration to go with something already proven, so I'm gonna go with Al's hybrid air and water heating setup. My lower panel is only maybe 8ft from where the pump will go so that will work nicely. The upper panel is about 2 stories up, so I'll just push the air directly into the apartments and just vent them during the summer. I don't think pumping that high is worth the cost. Now to plan it up for the city permit :P I'll keep everyone updated on the project's progress!
menaus2 is offline   Reply With Quote