View Single Post
Old 05-16-12, 07:47 AM   #39
gasstingy
Journeyman EcoRenovator

The porch is on three sides of the house. I {think I} have to place the fan at the end of the back porch to blow up the side porch and let it bounce air into the front porch area. Reason being, we have a water faucet that is fed through that side under-porch area. The pipe is about 24" off the ground where it passes through. There's about 42" headroom at that particular spot and the fan is 36" diameter. It won't fit under or over.

I would definitely be happy to hear a reasonable way to fashion something that would make the fan more likely to draw air from the front. It's just my finite imagination says it would draw too much from around the sides of the fan to make a meaningful difference from the front porch. If the fan wasn't so powerful, I wouldn't expect much flow into the front porch area. If you have a plan to make it where I can draw air, please share, I'm not too stubborn to entertain something new to me, and I don't have a case of the "not-invented-here" syndrom.

Understand that I have to be able to put the fan in place while I'm under the side porch and it is under the back porch. Assume the back porch area is about 35" wide and at the corner where the fan would have to sit and there is about 60" headroom. The ground slopes upward from the back of the house to the front. Where the faucet pipe crosses is about 42" headroom and when it gets to the front porch, the headroom is down to 33". Access to the underporch area is through a 36" wide x 54" tall door.

Last edited by gasstingy; 05-16-12 at 07:49 AM.. Reason: Worded poorly in places
gasstingy is offline   Reply With Quote