View Single Post
Old 12-13-13, 12:12 PM   #1632
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterdigger2 View Post
On the Heat Exchanger. None yet . Have found one with all sweat fittings that i plan on getting. Only its 10 plate.

10 Plate Copper Brazed Heat Exchanger 5"x12" 3 4" Sweat | eBay

Yea. I dont plan on usin a cooler or nothing crazy like that. From what i under stand the heat exchanger is basically what switches the heat from the refridgerant and exchanges it with the loop water and makes it efficient .
waterdigger2,

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you...

That BPHX you have linked to looks like a good one to me.

There are charts on the Internet that can help you size your HX correctly. But you need to keep in mind that charts that are for water-to-water do not apply to refrigerant-to-water, because the heat exchange rate is different.

I found a Mueller BPHX document called, "MUELLER-BPHE (CR-1242-2BPXSize-Tech).pdf", that has similar, but larger HXs.

I looked at one that had the closest Width x Length dimensions and divided its capacity (many more plates) by the fact that yours is 10 plates...

By my reconing, using your BPHX in an evaporator role (getting heat from your water) your HX should be just fine for a Ton (12,000 BTU.hr).

But if you are really, really broke, and can scrounge up some copper tubing, and plastic pipe, you could build one similar to the one that Acquario did for his SWIMMING POOL IN SPAIN.

You'd just have to give it your best guess and try it out.

-AC