View Single Post
Old 10-28-12, 08:35 AM   #1337
randen
Uber EcoRenovator

I really like were this topic is going. Solar powered geo thermal heated/cooled home!! I had seen in a Home Power mag. a few years back a husband wife team had done just that. Built a new home in the countryside away from any grid connection and heated/cooled with solar PV powered geo-thermal. They had also installed a 10kw Bergly wind turbine as the winter wind blows harder and the sun shows up less in the winter. They had a sizable battery bank but all new deep cycle batteries made for solar power back-up.

Xringer proved the concept out with his heating water utilizing the A7 airsource hot-water heater and solar PV and battery back up. I think he had it running a couple weeks.

It seams so amazing that its possible now to build a stand alone home that can power itself and keep its occupants warm and well lit for years without any connections to outside fuel sources. And to imagine this can be done cost effectively and not be one of those show-case projects that are only done by groups with deep pockets.

Randen
randen is offline   Reply With Quote