View Single Post
Old 12-23-11, 10:22 AM   #1042
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ko_deZ View Post
With all in parallel you will have full effect of all wells until they all freeze up at the same time.
-Ko_deZ-,

So how is your heat pump project coming?

I'm sure you are in full winter mode there where you are...

Did you ever get you heat pump built and tested?

I have been trying to buy one of those Fine Wire HX units. There was a guy named Viking House who posted on here, offering to sell a unit at his cost. I found out what postage would be, and the unit cost and all, but I haven't heard back from him in a couple of weeks.

Could you tell me a bit more about the HRV you are using? You reported very good efficiency. I'm now in the process of finishing the insulation and sealing off my kitchen, so heat recovery ventilation is definitely on the agenda for me.

All the sealing I have been doing over the years is starting to pay off. This is actually the first house I have had that was tight enough to actually be uncomfortable. As ironic as it sounds, I think it's an accomplishment.

Energy costs are still too cheap in the USA for anyone except idiots such as myself and others on this eco-blog, to take energy efficiency very seriously.

Thanks for any information you might pass my way.

By the way, I'm still looking into CO2 sensors and the idea of demand control ventilation. I haven't forgotten.

-AC_Hacker