View Single Post
Old 02-07-15, 04:29 PM   #343
Robaroni
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinballlooking View Post
One step closer to Netzero. It looks like this year they are going to pay us wholesale price for extra power at the zero out date. This will help pay for the meter fee.

11 months so far with 0 usage from power company. We get zero out in March. We are still carrying forward 1807 kwh.

It is all coming together it is hard to wait a year to see if I upgraded to the right amount of solar.

Mark,
Very impressive!

I'm still several hundred ahead on my electric bill but the last two or three months have been the worst since the initial system went in but I'm making a profit every year that keeps adding up. The difference is I don't get zeroed out which I think is really wrong for your supplier to do.

In 2020, when my payback goes from 10.7 cents a KWH to what the power company pays for electricity my grant becomes my own and my modules become mine. I'm already working on ways to profit from my system. Heck, I'll plug in a P3, throw a power cord over the fence, and sell power to my neighbors at a lower rate then the power company! Another option is to start a company that makes products that are energy dependent. Run it at the end of your term before you get zeroed out and use all the power so you're zeroing nothing. Maybe something like an EV charging station that charges cars for half the grid cost. As electrics keep growing that might not be a pipe dream.

I don't know exactly what I'm going to do but I'm not giving my power away for nothing even if I have to use it to distill water and sell it for 10 cents a jug. It's 10 cents you lose if you don't utilize it and someone paying for power to distill water won't be able to beat your price.

Rob
Robaroni is offline   Reply With Quote