View Single Post
Old 01-05-14, 05:22 PM   #14
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

I found a somewhat lengthy article dealing with treating your kind of water:

http://www.usbr.gov/lc/phoenix/progr...roundwater.pdf

I didn't read the whole article, but it did give me a couple of ideas. First, you may be able to blend some of your source water back in with the processed water to increase your yield. Second, you may be able to use a micro or nano filter as a stage immediately before the RO filter to knock out most of the ore that could clog up your RO membrane. This added stage may or may not make your system run better, longer or cheaper.

Once you have an idea of the processes and technologies available, and the jargon associated with the water treatment industries, you can begin to seek out experts in your local area. You said you are near Melbourne, a major city. This is a mammoth resource in terms of resources. There are bound to be many businesses and public health organizations that deal with water treatment. It should not take many phone calls to find someone who will help or even meet face to face with you. Many of the entities that do a decent volume of work can refer you to their customers that have working systems with feed water just like yours. All you have to do is ask.
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jeff5may For This Useful Post:
David (01-06-14)