Thread: Arduino issues
View Single Post
Old 03-04-13, 10:43 PM   #16
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

Thanks to all who are helping set things in the right direction. I have an arduino and have been playing with it, but my programming skills are rusty. I have very little experience programming in languages newer than say, pascal or plain old c. Sorry about my misunderstanding of abbreviated operations statements.

Mikesolar,

I know you've seen lots of those shows where a writer starts a story and changes his mind. He crumples up his paper and starts over. After the commercials, we return to the author still writing, with a basket full of crumpled up papers at his feet. He then writes his masterpiece.

This is a prime example of computer programming. Never mind the program that didn't work for the moment, you're on the right track. What code you have now is reading your thermistor and calculating ohms, kelvin and celsius. Just because those variables aren't being printed doesn't mean they don't exist. I'm guessing you will be able to serial print out any of these values at will if desired. So you have succeeded in the data acquisition phase of your program.

The next thing you want to do is figure out which method to use in averaging this raw data. A rolling average will fit into this existing code nicely, but a circular array will take some rearranging.
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jeff5may For This Useful Post:
Mikesolar (03-05-13)