View Single Post
Old 03-12-22, 04:00 PM   #17
solarhotairpanels
Helper EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RETIREDGUY View Post
My design will use a large nonpressurized holding tank, probably 200 gallons and one 20 tube collector.
Just a heads up RETIREDGUY,
One 20 tube collector will not be enough to heat your 200 gallon tank. Not even close honestly..
You'll need at least 2 20 tube collectors to heat a 30 to 40 gallon pre heat storage tank.
You should come check out my system.
It's been working without issues for many many years now. I'll show ya exactly how I have it setup to pre heat domestic hot water before that water travels over to my regular hot water heater.
Evacuated tube collectors work perfectly for drain back systems as long as they are tilted to drain and as long as you use 3/4 copper pipe. The 3/4 pipe allows the water to drain quickly to the drain back tank. No water is ever left in the headers of the evac tube collectors to freeze so no antifreeze is needed for this system. Works beautiful.
Just let me know if you want to swing by my house and check it all out. You're not that far from me. Take care!

Please Note:
Comments and/or suggestions I make here at the forums on 'your' projects as well as my own have all been carefully and scientifically calculated by 'the seat of my pants'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
solarhotairpanels is offline   Reply With Quote