View Single Post
Old 03-12-22, 09:10 AM   #15
RETIREDGUY
Lurking Renovator

I am currently researching for an upcoming DHW installation. I like the drainback concept for many reasons and I have limited room for panels so evacuated tube is my best option. One of the suppliers says their panels can be used for a drainback system but hearing legitimate concerns, on this forum and from a good friend, has me wondering. Solarhotairpanels, how is your system holding up? You live not far from me! Is there anyone else who has been using evacuated tube drainback system for a while who can offer insights? I'm particularly interested in if there are any unique control systems for such a system. My design will use a large nonpressurized holding tank, probably 200 gallons and one 20 tube collector. Well water will first go through a heat exchanger in the holding tank and off to an indirect tank heated by my oil burner. My goal is not 100% solar heat year round but perhaps from March to September somewhere close to that. During the cold season, the system will be more of a tempering for the indirect tank.
RETIREDGUY is offline   Reply With Quote