View Single Post
Old 01-28-09, 05:02 PM   #35
Daox
Administrator

Well, about a week ago I blew in my cellulose. I did have some prep work to do. I needed to build a wall around the attic access door out of rigid foam. This could have been made of anything, but I went with foam. It was easy to work with and will eventually make a top for it.

I also made up my own kind of vents. The rigid board didn't quite go all the way up so as to hold back the cellulose. So, I stappled a bunch of plastic bags to the joists. Unfortunately, I lost pictures of it. Anyway, it worked great and the cellulose blowing went quite well. There is now roughly 15" above the 6" of fiberglass/rockwool. That should get me right in the area of R-60 (even after it settles) which was the original goal. Here are the pics.

Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote