View Single Post
Old 04-04-13, 05:51 AM   #3
David
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
Small car style radiators is more common, the only problem is putting contaminated water back in to the ground, but being salt water with rust I don't see that being much of an issue, I would worry about the salt reacting with some of the metals that you might use, mostly iron in pumps.
Hello, thank you for your reply.

I was planning to use 1inch black polly plastic garden piping .This was to remove the problem of rust. The iron in the water may collect on the inside of the tube but that would take a long time to clog the
the pipe.

When I said I would return the water to the bore i should have said back down 25 meters ie from whence it came.It would not be returned to some other adjacent aquifer which may become polluted.

I was not anticipating a massive reduction in temperature but the accumulation of cool air at knee level would eventually displace the warm air leaving the house cooler.

The reality is the bore cost me $15,000.00 Aus inc. a $2,000.00 pump and I am trying to turn some advantage out of this situation. The costs of removing the salt and the iron to make the water potable are too great .

If someone has some other suggestion as to what I can do with this otherwise useless well i would be glad to hear about it.

Kind regards
david
David is offline   Reply With Quote