View Single Post
Old 01-12-12, 07:40 AM   #12
MN Renovator
Less usage=Cheaper bills

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Hacker View Post
Could you explain this project in a little more detail?

-AC_Hacker
I'm not sure how much detail you are looking for. If I find a used system on Craigslist that is 14 SEER or better and either 1.5 ton or 2 ton and is a really good deal, I'm looking to replace my old 8 SEER 2 ton Janitrol. I'm not sure what kind of details you are looking for, I'd buy the tools that I would need to run the lineset and I'd sweat the lines, install a new in-line drier, vac the system, and charge it. If I'm lucky and it was a pumpdown, I'd release the gas into the lines and hope it was enough and maybe get a pro to adjust it if needed. There isn't too much different between a mini-split and a full size unit other than it being a bit harder to get the coil into the supply plenum(it needs to be appropriately sized), running the drain line, and dealing with a heavier unit and a more difficult lineset. If I can't find either a good price or a higher SEER unit, I'll go with one of the best mini-splits on the market either Mitsubishi or Fujitsu as they have the highest performers.
MN Renovator is offline   Reply With Quote