View Single Post
Old 11-02-17, 02:40 PM   #80
ecomodded
Supreme EcoRenovator

Was a cold night last night its noon and still @ 1*c

Woke up to warm house at 19.8c the AC moved from a 50% run cycle up 20% to a 70% on duration.

This upcoming week is a chilly one Winter has arrived early by the looks of it.

temp at the top of the stairs 30 feet down the duct has been in the high 80's low 90's. The downstairs room is at 61* this lowers the heat gain I see upstairs , if the downstairs was at 70 degrees I would be reading the upstairs vent in the high 90's.

The temp at the AC"s vent taken with a IR gauge is 115*f at 240 CFM = 13,9996.8 BTU using the temp difference vs air flow method , with a 54* difference.

The Air temp is 61 downstairs at the condensers intake and 115 at its outlet.

The vent normally sits between 115 and 125*f with 135* found if I point the IR temp gauge deep into the vent. The 115* is taken from the top outside of the vent a few inches away from the opening.

I used to take the Vents temp off the vent door but it was removed to fit the Duct.

The door removed with a slight pry with a screw driver to dislodge one of the press fit hinges from there it slipped off without issue.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ecomodded is offline   Reply With Quote