View Single Post
Old 02-20-11, 08:31 PM   #42
Indyplumber
Lurking Renovator

Default concerns on contamination

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirSepTech View Post
Just my opinion, between pots of coffee, before I get realllllly amp-ed up.

Is there a fine? Do they send in the RCMP to tear it out? Will they even be able to see it? Will they come onto your property to look?

I am not saying to be ILLEGAL, but, bend it to your advantage. Get your "ducts" all in a row, so to speak. The Media could be your friend, if done right.

Is it REALLY illegal to build an EXPERIMENTAL solar collector in your back yard, freestanding and NOT connected to any PERMITED structure? With no pressure on it, wood, glass, and pipe are ILLEGAL in this form? WHY?

Is it REALLY illegal to drop a loop of tubing in some hot water, to see what happens? What's illegal, hot water, tubing, both???? WHY?

From there it gets-----more difficult, but not impossible. The BIG HEALTH PROBLEM.

Do they come and check PRIVATE pools and spas for temp/bacteria? You need a permit to operate one? No one ever gets hurt/sick around these????

Do you eat enough fiber, water, etc. How bout your kids? You smoke, drink, race cars, rockclimb, read, knit, sleep enough? Why are they SO CONCERNED with this hot water thing? Sales/Taxes/Permits/Regulations=Income-----for them.

It's all BULL$#!T.

If you had a spa, or small pool, would it be ILLEGAL to DIY solar heat it?

If you put a coil from your cold water to your water heater in it, to reduce your heating cost, conserve energy, reduce the hydro load, reduce the need for fossil fuel, slow down the need for new power plants, reduce your carbon footprint, and I'm sure many more buzz words,,,,,,,,,is that ILLEGAL?????? WHY????

I wish you the best of luck, I will soon enough be faced with the same BS myself, fooling around with a bunch of fools. Not the first time. I will give them their chance, and fair warning. I am not above making a spectical of the BS. It might not be permitted, but it could be ignored. Thats good enough for me.

I better get some decaff!!
As a licensed plumber in the US I understand the concerns about possible contamination. I assume strider is connected to city water. Even if you are using water as your medium, with a drain back tank and constant heating of the system water, bacteria can develop. If that cross-contaminates the water in his back-up water heater any pressure loss on the city side will suck that right out into the domestic water supply. Hence the backflow preventer.

Realisticly(did I spell that right?) a single wall HX should be fine for years, with PEX lasting much longer than copper. The greatest drawback with using ANY metal HX is that while the pumps are running it is eroding the metal.
Indyplumber is offline   Reply With Quote