View Single Post
Old 11-01-10, 10:16 AM   #1
Higgy
The Gardener

Default Windows and doors

Hey all, I'm thinking about getting all of my windows redone in my less then 10 year old house (yes...I know it's stupid, but they build new houses like crap around here lately). Some of my windows already have the seal broken on them and are crap. Others I can feel air coming through the actual window...even AFTER I caulked around the window. My neighbor is a owns a window business and I asked him if he may be able to replace all of my windows and he said sure. He quickly took a look at the window and he's like...this is just glass. He told me there was nothing to them...no UV protection, no insulation, nothing. Just a pane of glass (he didn't say if it was triple pane or double). I'm thinking of replacing all my doors too because they leak as well and the I get frost on the inside of my doors even though there's no gap anywhere in the seal. They're cheap crap and I want it all replaced. I also want storm doors etc...

Does anyone have any recommendations for what type to get? I live in Winnipeg so it's freezing cold her for 3-4 months of the year and mild cold for another 3-4 months after that. We basically only get about 2-4 months of nice warm weather.

Higgy is offline   Reply With Quote