View Single Post
Old 08-16-14, 02:06 PM   #210
Ormston
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_Hacker View Post
The flow sensor issue is really slowing me down.

The thread is BSP as you said, which is extraordinarily hard to find in the US. I've come to the conclusion that the fitting, and the way it seals, with the two smoothly machined faces separated by a gasket, is really a good system, but it doesn't seem to be employed in the US.

Mikesolar made some very relevant posts HERE, and HERE, that have given me sufficient information to find out just how difficult it is to get these parts, here in the land of the free, home of the brave, blah, blah, blah.

On your joint, I think that you could have eliminated part "C", and just connected "B" directly to your sensor with a proper gasket to seal between the parallel flat faces of your sensor and what ever it was that allowed pipe "A" to be tightened down with nut "B".

But anyway if the failure rate you are experiencing is typical, it really makes me wonder...

I did find an ultrasonic flowsensor HERE that does look very interesting, no moving parts, it also looks like minimum flow restriction, but the cost might be brutal.

More later...

-AC
AC

A is 22mm copper pipe (metric equivalent or 3/4 though not sure how close in size they are), it sits inside B/C with an olive as a seal(compression fitting).
Known as a 3/4 female iron.
BSP - F/I - Female Iron - Straight Compression Fitting | eBay
Ormston is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ormston For This Useful Post:
AC_Hacker (08-16-14), buffalobillpatrick (08-16-14)