View Single Post
Old 10-17-12, 08:26 AM   #22
Daox
Administrator

The 135W pump is for my solar hot water panel water loop. The solar loop will put heat into a water tank in the basement (which isn't made yet). This loop I'm talking about in this thread would be a seperate loop that will pull heat out of that tank to heat the house.

I wouldn't say I'm worried about anything at this point. Tons of plumbers make PEX connections inside walls every day and don't worry about them leaking. Mains water supply runs at about double to triple the pressure versus a closed loop hydronic setup, so that also minimizes risk.

I'm confident at this point as long as its pressure tested before the flooring goes over it, that it should last many many years. I probably wouldn't be as confident if I were pouring concrete over it, but I am not using concrete. I could further reduce risk by again reducing the amount of TEEs in the system. I would like to run one some more calculations with just two or three parallel runs to see what the differences are.

Anyway, I still have a lot of calculations left to do. This shows the pressure head for a single 100 square foot room. My house is roughly 1600 square feet. I'll have to design the system both ways and see what the difference is, or find some way to estimate it accurately.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Daox; 10-17-12 at 08:32 AM..
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote