View Single Post
Old 12-08-15, 04:44 PM   #169
MEMPHIS91
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Jeff, you are right, this is a totally different machine than I am use to building. And I do understand that I may loose some expensive parts along the way. But as you have pointed out it is still much cheaper to build my own. I need no peace of mind, any system can break down at anytime, it gives me more peace of mind knowing I built it and can fix it when it breaks. Not wait of another company or worse yet have a used unit that I would have no idea how was set up.
AH gotcha, I thought Randen meant I would loose efficiency, but he and you are saying I would loose capacity of the compressor, yes I was counting on the because I don't need 51K BTU. And your right it should not have any oil return problems, even at lower speeds.
I never did burn up a compressor, I got hasty and cut into it. Though I could tell it wasn't getting the oil it needed. I fixed that though. Good to know things get noisy before they break. I'll remember that one for sure.
Oh yes VFDs are starting to become my very close friend. I am listening to all advise given and trying to make it all work. I already have the manual for the VFD I plan to buy, I read it as I get time. Things will be set up to keep it from going boom boom.
Thanks for the reply Jeff, I am now saving up for the VFD.