View Single Post
Old 12-06-15, 06:04 PM   #161
MEMPHIS91
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Randen, can you provide a link to the $1,400 one you mentioned? Because after 30 minutes of looking I have come up empty. Yes that does look like a really good option, with some really good numbers. Plus it would give me a new indoor handle as well, which is really nice. But I just can't find it for that price.
I have already purchased the coaxial coil for this build, I'm looking at $1,000 to have the compressor and VFD. Then probably another $300-500 in sensors and txvs (if the ones I have now don't work). This unit will have a variable speed compressor to really make the numbers soar. That is assuming everything works the first time.
What will I have done if I buy a premade unit? Only cut out on my bills and allow me to heat when its really cold. I will always know there is more BTUs in the pond that I am just wasting. I will have no lead anyone to help build anything and for people like you that really is the only option. AND I will have a coaxial coil I need to sell. For around $1,500 I am willing to take a few risk to make a unit that will more than likely save me that much in a few years compared to the Climate master. I will know that I built it with my own hands and will be saving every penny I can. I will be sticking my finger to big government who says it can't/shouldn't be done and will inspire the next man to build his own. (like you have).
I can not do this on my own, I would have failed 1,000 times more on every build if it was for you guys and my local friends. IF this can be done, help me if you will. Because I my regret it later, but I will regret even more never trying. 6 months ago I didn't know how an AC system even worked, now I have 3 going on 4 builds under my belt and learning more everyday. And I'm ready to build this monster, I'm ready to hear that VFD ramp up the compressor and start pumping heat from 17 feet below the earth into my humble county home.
You and Jeff have both issued strong warning about this build, and you both are the one that I stand to gain the most help from. I have the money (well almost), I'm willing to listen BUT only if you guys are willing to help me make this unit, not go the easiest route.
As it stands I feel like my only 2 option (that I'm willing to try) are either a 2 stage compressor, or the 3 phase VFD controlled one.
Both we be better than a premade unit (not the $10,000 ones).
This has all just been what is on my heart. I know I'm young and probably really foolish in my choose but I really do believe this is what needs to be done.
Thoughts? Concerns? Complaints? Ideas?
Thanks again guys I respect every word ya'll say.