View Single Post
Old 11-30-15, 06:23 AM   #146
MEMPHIS91
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Those look amazing! The ZPV038 would be a nice fit for my house I think. But getting my hands on one would be basically impossible and extremely expensive.
So I guess my options are.
-Buy a 3.5-4 ton R22 single phase single stage compressor and just design it the best way I can. This is the cheapest option but with the lowest COP.
-Buy a 4-5 ton single phase two stage compressor made for 410a and swap it over to R22. This will be pretty expensive ($650-800)
-Wait until the VPS comes to the US and still have to swap it to R22 (or keep it 410a) Still pretty expensive This would probably be the most expensive.
-Buy a 3 phase compressor made for R22 and a vfd to match. This is the very expensive ($800-1000), but considering that it gives me the control I want, I am still confused as to why this is not a good option. This 7.5kw is a close match to what I would need. 7 5KW 10HP 34A 220VAC Single Phase Variable Frequency Drive Inverter VSD VFD | eBay
-I could get 2 ton R22 single phase compressors and only use one on light loads and have both come on when needed. Finding a couple 2 ton compressors would not be very hard. Or a 2 and a 4 ton. http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread....sor-vs-2-Stage

I will be on the lookout of a 2 stage compressor locally.
Thanks for all your help and advise as I try to really consider all the options I have.