View Single Post
Old 10-27-12, 09:22 PM   #1335
ecomodded
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikesolar View Post
One thing is for certain, you will need more batteries than you want to use IF you want to use a heat pump and solar only. The compressor needs a regulated voltage and it must stay within that voltage and , they are almost all AC that can heat a house anyway so an inverter is necessary. The compressor has to be able to get the current it needs whenever it needs to operate and panels by themselves cannot guarantee the supply of current, moment by moment.

If you can get the house heat loss down to 2-3kw, you might just be able to make it work (with batteries and inverter), and you use solar hot water too.
Ahh yes, i should of know that.
My main idea is not to store the electricity but use what i can while its daytime. A small battery pack, 500 amp hours would suffice for the main house lighting and the various electronics that would be needed or wanted. And a separate small battery pack specifically for the heat pumps.
I do not want to babysit a large bank of batteries for the rest of life, so i'll keep a simple and small battery bank.

I understand about the unnessasary clutter, if like delete my off the topic posts, for the greater good!! ?

Last edited by ecomodded; 10-28-12 at 03:00 PM.. Reason: detail
ecomodded is offline   Reply With Quote