View Single Post
Old 12-22-10, 03:43 PM   #430
North_Pole_Guy
Lurking Renovator

AC Hacker,
I would like to start by saying great blog..
I live in the interior of Alaska and have been interested in GSHP for quite a while now, I worked for a commercial outfit about 14 years ago installing them in commercial and residential settings.
I am also very interested in re purposing other peoples "junk", I scrounged up a de-humidifier a few months back with the intention of hacking into it to make a small scale GSHP to test out. I have ground water at about eight feet and also heavy equipment to move dirt (40 acres) so burying field loops should be no problem just the material and diesel fuel cost to run the dozer.
I have been planning on building a new house for a few years now reading on super insulating and heat recovery ventilators and such.
what I am interested in at the moment (its cold outside) is more pictures/drawings of how exactly you tied the tubing from the compressor to the heat exchangers. I saw the pictures of where you cut the tubing apart and what you reused. I was wondering what controls the cold side temp above freezing your exchanger up, or is that a function of how much water is run through it?
I test ran the de-humidifier the other day after partial dis-assembly and the condenser got hot and the evap side got cold, I disabled the cooling fan by pulling a wire and ran it that way for a while.
thanks
Joe
North_Pole_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote