View Single Post
Old 09-02-12, 01:51 PM   #41
MetroMPG
Infrequent noob

Well, since my last report, I haven't technically done any renovations. Did some repairs though: most of the eaves troughs (I'm told some people call these gutters) needed replacing/fixing - the roofing company wrecked them (bank replaced the roof just before I got the place).

Late spring I scored an excellent deal on some surplus concrete bricks, so the summer's big project was excavating and putting in an interlocking driveway, then landscaping the edges. (This 100 year old house has never had a driveway.) So I spent most of July/Aug doing that, a couple of hours each day in the morning and evening before/after it got hot out.

Now I'm taking a break!

Later this month and in the fall, I'll be back inside the house continuing the de/construction, with a focus on the bedroom.

Before driveway...

After driveway...

Just enough room for two small cars, nose to tail.

Too bad about the utility pole & guy wires in the yard, but oh well. After a while, I don't notice them as much.

Someone joked that the driveway & landscaping probably doubled the value of the property. (Not too far from the truth.) All that bedrock on the left side of the drive was just beneath the lawn - some nice Canadian shield.

Attached Images

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote