View Single Post
Old 02-03-17, 08:36 AM   #792
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

It has been 12 days since the closed loop NG heater has been on. The 1K heater has been doing a great job even better than I thought it could. I am
very happy to use solar power to keep the fish water warm.

Shutting the pump off at night has helped to keep the heating load lower.

The new fish food is starting to help the lettuce is getting darker green. With the water temp constant the fish are eating better.

This morning it took 3 hours to heat the water back up after the pump turned back on.
Yesterday one hour
Colder nights one hour at 12am then 5-6 hours in the morning
We have not had a streak of cloudy cold weather yet.

I may install the second temp controller and set it a couple degrees colder than the 1K heater.
Then if it went bad or could not keep up the other heater would take over.

My second controller uses 12 V to run but the controller I am using now is 120V controller.
It uses a small transformer to take the 120 volts down to 12V. I might just solder a couple wires to the 12v output from that transformer and have it power both controllers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -

Last edited by pinballlooking; 02-03-17 at 09:41 AM..
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote