View Single Post
Old 10-15-20, 08:58 AM   #38
menaus2
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Location: Driftless Region, North America, Earth, Solar System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy,Virgo Supercluster

Sure Daox.
Plumbing: I have a Taco style pump pulling water directly from the tank and circulating it through the furnace plenum. Kept it simple with 3/4" pex and shark bites to connect with the heat exchanger. It was conveniently left over from the outdoor woodboiler that was removed.

Controls: The heart of it is the Taco Hydro Air Fan Control (HAFC201). Its powered off the 24v furnace common with a 120vac relay for the pump and controlled by 24v thermostats terminals. When the thermostat circuit is closed it turns the fan relay on the furnace & taco pump on. Really happy with the unit.

I have 2 thermostats wired in series. One for the tank with a temperature probe and a simple thermostat in the living space. I mounted them both in the living room where I can keep an eye on the tank temp and set the living space temp easily.

FyI If you need a bulb well for temperature probe, some 1/2 pex, brass plug and silicone work great!
menaus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to menaus2 For This Useful Post:
Daox (10-15-20)