View Single Post
Old 01-14-09, 02:49 PM   #13
groar
X-Frenchy: very

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwxr7 View Post
I'm embarassed to say that I don't know exactly how much we average . I can figure it out when I get home and look at my energy bills. I'm guessing around 26kwhrs/day in the dead of winter. Closer to 10kwhrs/day in the best of weather. I do know that it is much higher (2-3x) in the winter due to electric space heating. Fall and spring are way low and summers are pretty low unless we are hit with major heat and humidity that calls for heavy window AC use(that sounds nice right now as we are in the single digits F) .
26kWh/day is very little with such a low external temperature.
How much square feet do you heat ?

For 900 sq ft we are using 17kWh/day (12.5 peak hours, 4.5 off peak) in addition to summer consumption (no AC), ie +85%, but our single digit temperatures are in °C, so 32-48°F.

We are currently producing per week what we are consuming in one day for heating... In summer, we should produce 6 times more, ie per day the 3/4 of what we'll consume per day (too much 24x7...), but the instantaneous production should be up to 6-7 times the instantaneous consumption .

With optimized orientation and angle from horizontal, you should be able to have an average production of 4-5Wh/Wc/day, ie 40kWh/month.

Do you have an idea about your minimal instantaneous consumption in summer ?
With your low consumption it may be lower than your instantaneous production : you'll have to switch on the AC more

Denis.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (2.66 kg/l diesel)
  • kg saved by 3kWc photo-voltaic solar panels : 187 kg/yr
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    (59.1 g/kWh)
Radioactive wastes saved by 3kWc photo-voltaic solar panels :
  • Long life (>100,000 years) : 2.85 g/yr (0.9 mg/kWh)
  • Short life (<300 years) : 31.7 g/yr (10.0 mg/kWh)
Based upon "official" French figures...
groar is offline   Reply With Quote